Call Us: 734-827-9450

Do I really need a trust instead of a will?


Gone are the days when only wealthy parents or grandparents set up "trust funds" for their children or grandchildren. Today, estates of even modest complexity generally should be placed into a trust for distribution. This generally includes deposit accounts, brokerage accounts, stocks, bonds and real estate.
This is especially true if there are minor children or an incapacitated adult. Whatever your situation, though, it's important to meet with an experienced estate planning attorney who can help you determine the most effective and efficient way to transfer your property.