Call Us: 734-827-9450


How do I nominate a guardian and conservator for my minor child?

A good place to nominate a guardian and conservator for minor children is in your will. Your will is a legal document that has been signed and witnessed--it should be notarized as well. It has full legal force and effect.
Guardians and Conservators are appointed by the Probate Court. The Court generally looks favorably upon guardianship and conservatorship nominations. Judges, while always reserving the right (and having the duty) to act in the "best interests of the child," usually give great deference to the express wishes of parents.