Call Us: 734-827-9450


Should I have powers of attorney drafted for my college-bound kids?

Absolutely! Even though your kids are away at college, they may still need you to transact business on their behalf. A durable power of attorney for your children is almost a necessity.
Even more important is to obtain a medical power of attorney for your children, including the power to authorize release of medical records. Colleges and universities are bound by very strict regulations governing the release of medical information, even to parents. The only way to ensure that you can obtain medical records in an emergency is to have the proper durable powers of attorney drafted, executed and ready to use.