Do you really need to have an estate plan? If your answer to any of these questions is “yes,” you need to take the time to plan for your future and that of your family:
- Do you want to determine who will represent your interests after you’re gone?
- Do you want to decide for yourself how your assets will be distributed?
- Do you want to determine who will look after your minor children?
- Do you want to minimize or eliminate the time and expense of probate administration for your heirs?
- Do you want to minimize or eliminate estate taxes for your heirs?
- Do you want to help prevent conflicts among family members?
- Are you or your spouse a resident alien?
- Do you have a blended family, with children (minor or adult) from a previous marriage?
- Do you want a portion of your assets to go to a charity or educational institution?
Remember that an estate plan is not simply a “piece of paper.” It’s peace of mind. There is no better time than today to help secure your family’s financial future with a comprehensive estate plan.